Monday, November 5, 2012

17 Weeks & Growing!


 Team Seger is still going strong! Napping takes priority over blogging these days which explains the 2 month gap in baby updates. I've realized that "pregnancy round 2" is equally as exciting, but twice as much work! While I'm using a good portion of my total energy to create a new human, I have to budget my remaining energy (which isn't much) to chase, kiss, and play with Buster, be a loving wife, focus at work everyday, keep the house clean (at least livable), and whatever else life throws at me. No complaints! Besides, a Maui vacation is just around the corner.

At 17 weeks preggo, here are the family updates - 

Bryce: This guy is a seasoned veteran at dealing with pregnant and emotional Cara! He does it with grace and style also! Bryce loves his job at Yahoo! and puts 110% in to each day at work. When he gets home, he is attentive and sweet. And I wonder where Buster has learned to love...
Buster: At not even a 1 1/2 years old, this kid is simply amazing. His vocabulary amazes us everyday with well over 100 words in his repertoire, including our favorites "basketball," "love you," "touchdown," thank you," "NO!," "butterfly," and "maybe." Buster is a little lover with a genuinely sensitive heart. He prefers calm and funny, over reckless and naughty.
Baby Seger #2: Weighing in at about 5 ounces and about 5 inches from head to bottom! Baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, his/her little heart is pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and is getting ready for a big growth spurt! All of this progress makes for one TIRED mama.
Cara: Tired. Tired. Tired. I haven't seen the 9pm hour in at least a few weeks. I'm finding it more challenging to focus at work and pay attention to details. I'm holding it all together though...keep truckin!

We find out the baby's sex on NOVEMBER 15th! STAY TUNED!


1 comment:

  1. I love that your family picture includes Buckabee. ;)

    ReplyDelete